Look better. Feel better. Move Better. live better.
- Join me and create your new healthy lifestyle
- Learn tools, techniques, and exercises to transform yourself
- Lose weight, get stronger and redefine what healthy means to you
- Manage low back pain and arthritis
Summary of Qualifications
- Certified Personal Trainer since 2011
- Attended Graduate school and studied Kinesiology and Athletic Training
- Masters of Science in Athletic Training in 2015
- Personal Training for 6+ years & have helped 50+ unique clients exceed their goals
- Texas Licensed Athletic Trainer & National Certified Athletic Trainer
- Lead Health Screener for a large corporation, Interactive Health
- Bachelors in Psychology in 2009
hi i’m michael john
I started personal training and became a certified personal trainer in 2011 because I wanted to motivate and teach people exercise. I wanted to show people how they were meant to use their bodies.
In 2013 I moved from New Jersey to Oklahoma with my best friend and fiancé Ashley. While in Oklahoma I went to graduate school for kinesiology (the study of the physiological, biomechanical, and psychological mechanisms of human movement), and Athletic Training (the practice of implementing injury prevention, diagnosing musculoskeletal pains and injuries, utilizing therapeutic intervention and rehabilitation for injuries and medical conditions and provide emergency care). Today, in addition to being a personal trainer, I am also a Lead Health Screener for Interactive Health. In the 6+ years of Personal Training, I apply my education and work experience to provide the best possible service for my clients.
My personal hobbies include working out, working on cars, playing with my 3 pups, reading research on all things health and fitness and learning anything I can get my hands on.
How I Stand Out Among the Rest
Every “personal trainer” has a style. My style is not a drill sergeant or cheerleader. To motivate people I am optimistic, confident, charismatic and utilize my sense of humor. I utilize a tough-love approach and will challenge and push you, but will always respect you and never belittle you. I approach our relationship as being more than your personal trainer, but your personal mentor – an invaluable resource during a challenging journey of transitioning your current lifestyle to a healthier one.
As a health and fitness mentor, I provide 3 key qualities:
- Share and teach skills, knowledge, and expertise.
I am eager to share with you the vast knowledge I have pertaining to health, fitness, and nutrition. I enjoy taking the time to teach you proper exercise form, methods to achieve your goals, and exercises to improve your overall quality of life. We will develop goals and a plan of attack together that is personal to you. I accept where you currently are in your development & will build a program based on the baseline results I record in our first session. We will work together to improve what your baseline is. As your mentor, I do not take my responsibility lightly and understand that successful mentoring requires time and commitment.
- Provide guidance and constructive feedback.
One of my key responsibilities is to provide you guidance and constructive feedback. By utilizing my excellent communication skills and adjusting my communication to your personality style, this is my opportunity to help you grow by identifying your current strengths and weaknesses and encourage you to use these opportunities to make yourself successful in meeting your goals. I also will provide challenges that will foster your development and a feeling of accomplishment.
- I take a personal interest in the mentoring relationship.
I am invested in your success. I am knowledgeable, compassionate, and an excellent teacher. My goal is to enable you to overcome that mental hurdle that stands in the way between you and a better you to find a level of success you didn’t think was possible. I want to empower you to develop your new strengths, beliefs, and personal attributes. I’m committed to helping you develop personal long-term and short-term goals, and provide you the tools to meet these goals to allow for you to achieve gratification in your health and fitness pursuit!
FREE personal training session/assessment (55 MIN)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for your free personal training session/assessment your preferred schedule for session appointments ASAP prior to consultation for trainer’s availability to make sure we can accommodate your schedule or please fill out the request more information box. Initial Consultations are FREE of charge but please be courteous to CANCEL via phone, email or text than NO SHOW.
Please wear comfortable workout attire & have a full water bottle and a towel because you will exercise during your fitness assessment.
All Clients Receive
- Fitness & wellness counseling session(s) – Initial and every 8 weeks. A chance for you to share your story and the reason’s you want to change your lifestyle. We will go over your strengths and weaknesses; why you think you haven’t succeeded in the past; develop long & short term goals; perform baseline fitness & functional movement screens; and answer any questions you may have.This is one of the ways WorkoutFortWorth is different from the rest!
- Dynamic Warm-up & mobility training to improve how you move and feel. Mobility is an indication on how well and efficiently we move and helps us ward off & relieve joint pains, and old injuries, and prevent new ones.
- A comprehensive high-intensity workout addressing strength and conditioning which is customized to your fitness level. I will incorporate a wide variety of exercises designed to help you shed body-fat and build lean muscle while keeping things fresh and challenging.
- Customized Workout Plan for when we are not together.
- Nutritional Coaching
MOBILE PERSONAL TRAINING – 55 Minute Personal Training Session
customized fitness & wellness program
- Single Session: $55
- Ten Session Package: $50/session
MOBILE PERSONAL TRAINING WITH A FRIEND – 55 minutes
Customized workouts for you and a friend/partner
- Single Session: $40 per person
- Ten Session Package: $35/session (per person)
MOBILE SMALL GROUP TRAINING (3–4 clients)
55 minute Circuit style workout
- Single Session: $35 per person
- Ten Session Package: $30/session (per person)
- Travel 5-14 miles ADD+$10 to session prices
- Travel over 15+mile ADD+$15 to session price
- North Fort Worth
- Western Center
- North Richland Hills +5 miles
- Colleyville +5 miles
- Hurst +5 miles
- Northwestern Fort Worth/Saginaw +5 miles
- North Fort Worth +5 miles
- Southlake +5 miles
- Haltom City +5 miles
- Bedford +5 miles
- Haslet +5 miles
- Grapevine +15 miles
- Flower Mound +15 miles
- Euless +15 miles
- Downtown/Trinity Park Fort Worth +15 miles
- Arlington +15 miles
Please ask about any other area not listed. I will travel to the majority of requests.